Your Super Recipes
Butternut Squash Soup
There’s nothing more comforting than a bowl of butternut squash soup, especially on a crisp autumn night!
We love this soup for three reasons. First, you only need a couple of ingredients to make it. Second, it’s oil and dairy-free. And finally, it’s packed with flavour!
What makes this butternut squash soup so flavourful is Golden Mellow mix.
Packed with Ayurvedic herbs, such as turmeric, and warm spices, like ginger and cinnamon, a bowl of this soup will warm you from the inside out.
You’ll also get the added benefits of ashwaghandha, which can reduce stress and anxiety.
A soup that’s comforting and calming? We’ll take two bowls of this butternut squash soup, please!
SERVES 2 | VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE
- 2 tsp Golden Mellow mix
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 can coconut milk
- 500ml vegetable broth (or water)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ground nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the butternut squash, onions, and garlic on the baking sheet and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer the vegetables to a blender.
- Pour in the coconut milk and broth and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a large pot and simmer until heated through.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the Golden Mellow mix.
- Season with nutmeg, plus more salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour into bowls and serve.
Shop Your Super Mixes here!