Fire up your creative brain and enhance your focus with La Republica Lion’s Mane (Buddhist monks use it for focus during meditation).
Lion’s Mane Mushroom Benefits:
Lion’s mane is an edible mushroom. It has been used for centuries in both Chinese and Japanese traditional medicine. Historically, it seems that traditional practitioners thought of lion’s mane as a good ‘all-rounder’, with benefits for the whole body.
They believed that lion’s mane nourished the five internal organs:
- Liver, Lung, Spleen, Heart, and Kidney as well as helping with digestion, strength and ‘general vigour’
Traditional Chinese medicine also recommends lion’s mane to treat Qi deficiency. Your ‘Qi’ is your vital energy, so symptoms of a Qi deficiency might include insomnia and a general feeling of weakness.
Lion’s mane mushrooms are especially associated with brain and cognitive health. Buddhist monks may have used them as a ‘brain tonic’ and to help them concentrate during long periods of meditation.
- One of the most commonly studied benefits of Lion’s Mane Mushroom is its function as a cognitive enhancer, aka a nootropic. An improvement in focus, mental clarity, memory & verbal fluency are often reported by users of Lion’s Mane. Specific active compounds, namely hericenones and erinacines, are thought to be responsible for this mushroom’s brain boosting effects. Hericenones are primarily found in the fruiting bodies and Erinacines are primarily found in the mycelium. Our extract is from the fruiting body, which contains Beta-Glucans. The ones found in Lion’s Mane are one of the most potent naturally occurring compounds for inducing Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) in the brain. This stimulates the growth and regeneration of brain cells and helps the brain to form new neural pathways. Both of which are vital for proper cognitive function and essential for learning and memory.Studies suggest they can help slow the progress of cognitive decline, such as Alzheimers & Dementia, by reducing symptoms of memory loss and preventing neuronal damage.
- Improves brain function and calms mental activity The Lion’s mane modulates certain neurotransmitters involved in depression and anxiety. Improvements in anxious-depressive states and sleep-related problems have been observed in several studies.
- May Help To Boost The Immune System Lion’s Mane has been shown to support the immune system, due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Additionally, polysaccharides found in lion’s mane can increase activity in the intestinal immune system.
- Good for mental health. Lion’s mane mushrooms may also be a natural remedy for depression and anxiety. More animal research has found that lion’s mane extract promotes Hippocampal Neurogenesis — aka the stuff that controls our good moods and emotions. In what might just be one of the most delicious studies ever conducted, 30 women were given cookies that contained lion’s mane extract or a placebo. After eating these cookies for 4 weeks, those who consumed the lion’s mane cookies reported feeling less irritated and anxious.
- Fight Inflammation. Like turmeric, lion’s mane is a powerful anti-inflammatory, thanks to their antioxidant and polysaccharide content. This mushroom was often used in Chinese medicine to treat gastrointestinal issues and science seems to back that up. Multiple studies have shown that lion’s mane can reduce inflammation and symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease, a disease that affects more than 3 million people in the United States. Another study found that lion’s mane reduced inflammation when given to rats immediately after a stroke. The extract reduced the size of brain-related injuries by more than 40%.
Lion’s mane is an antioxidant
Taking lion’s mane can help to protect the cells in your body against oxidative stress.
The normal functions of your metabolism produce free radicals. These are tiny unstable molecules which can whizz around your body, causing cell damage and disease. It’s perfectly normal to have a few of them in your system. Fortunately, your body can usually neutralise them before they cause significant damage. However, environmental factors like smoking and pollution can mean that more free radicals are present in your body, and your system becomes unbalanced. This is called ‘oxidative stress’.
Eating foods containing antioxidants can help your body deal with these extra free radicals. There are lots of different types of antioxidants in different foods, and they work in different ways. However, they all have the effect of protecting you from oxidative stress and subsequent disease.
To enjoy La Republica Lion’s Mane simply mix into smoothies or shakes, stir into coffee or tea, or add into any other recipe. Afterall, being healthy shouldn’t only feel good — it should taste good too!
Lion’s Mane tastes almost sweet like marzipan, crab or lobster. Very mild and adds a touch of creaminess to coffee.
Perfect for all diets: Vegan, Organic, Dairy-Free, Keto, Paleo, Gluten-Free; NON- GMO, no mycelium fillers, never fermented, never grown on oats or rice. Wild harvested and wild cultivated.
Packaging: No waste because La Republica use a BPA-free, UV protecting reusable jar, so none of the critical beta-glucans are lost.
Manufacturing: Gold Standard SQF Level 3 facility in Los Angeles.