Matcha with a twist!
La Republica finely milled matcha powder contains the whole leaf, and coupled with lion’s mane mushroom extract, your body is receiving a powerful pack of antioxidants and getting a boost of energy without the calories.
Unlike the caffeine in coffee, which is quickly released into the bloodstream, the caffeine in matcha is slowly released. This is because the caffeine molecules in matcha (and green tea) bind to the catechins. As the catechins break down, caffeine enters the bloodstream slowly over a 6-8 hour period.
This process also prevents adrenaline and insulin spikes, which prevents the dreaded caffeine crash and drop in blood sugar.
La Republica Lion’s Mane is pure extract with no fillers: they source mushrooms from full fruiting bodies grown on trees, not mycelium or grains. Historically, Matcha and Lion’s Mane have been used to support the immune system, nourish the gut, and promote healthy brain function and cognition (it is a natural nootropic).
Why Matcha is good for you!
La Republica deep green 100% Organic Culinary Matcha is harvested in Japan. It has a sweet, smooth, grassy, and earthy flavor. Matcha tea comes from the same plant that all tea comes from: Camellia sinensis.
One cup of matcha has as many benefits as 10 cups of brewed green tea.
- Matcha has even been linked to encouraging weight loss.
- Want to feel more zen? Drink matcha! Matcha helps your body by promoting a sense of peace and focus and helping to reduce stress. Buddhist monks have been drinking matcha for centuries!
- It’s high in antioxidants. Studies have shown the high antioxidant content in matcha tea can prevent cell damage caused by free radicals.
- Green tea is one of the best drinks for heart health — and matcha, which is a kind of green tea, is no exception!
- It protects against certain cancers. Matcha contains a class of antioxidants known as catechins. Multiple studies have shown this catechin is protective against many types of cancers.
Read more about matcha benefits here!
Lion’s Mane Mushroom Benefits:
Lion’s mane is an edible mushroom. It has been used for centuries in both Chinese and Japanese traditional medicine. Historically, it seems that traditional practitioners thought of lion’s mane as a good ‘all-rounder’, with benefits for the whole body.
They believed that lion’s mane nourished the five internal organs:
- Liver, Lung, Spleen, Heart, and Kidney as well as helping with digestion, strength and ‘general vigour’
Traditional Chinese medicine also recommends lion’s mane to treat Qi deficiency. Your ‘Qi’ is your vital energy, so symptoms of a Qi deficiency might include insomnia and a general feeling of weakness.
Lion’s mane mushrooms are especially associated with brain and cognitive health. Buddhist monks may have used them as a ‘brain tonic’ and to help them concentrate during long periods of meditation.
- One of the most commonly studied benefits of Lion’s Mane Mushroom is its function as a cognitive enhancer, aka a nootropic. An improvement in focus, mental clarity, memory & verbal fluency are often reported by users of Lion’s Mane.Specific active compounds, namely hericenones and erinacines, are thought to be responsible for this mushroom’s brain boosting effects. Hericenones are primarily found in the fruiting bodies and Erinacines are primarily found in the mycelium. Our extract is from the fruiting body, which contains Beta-Glucans. The ones found in Lion’s Mane are one of the most potent naturally occurring compounds for inducing Nerve Growth Factor (NGF) in the brain. This stimulates the growth and regeneration of brain cells and helps the brain to form new neural pathways. Both of which are vital for proper cognitive function and essential for learning and memory.Studies suggest they can help slow the progress of cognitive decline, such as Alzheimers & Dementia, by reducing symptoms of memory loss and preventing neuronal damage.
- Improves brain function and calms mental activity The Lion’s mane modulates certain neurotransmitters involved in depression and anxiety. Improvements in anxious-depressive states and sleep-related problems have been observed in several studies.
- May Help To Boost The Immune System Lion’s Mane has been shown to support the immune system, due to its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Additionally, polysaccharides found in lion’s mane can increase activity in the intestinal immune system.
Lion’s mane is an antioxidant
Taking lion’s mane can help to protect the cells in your body against oxidative stress.
The normal functions of your metabolism produce free radicals. These are tiny unstable molecules which can whizz around your body, causing cell damage and disease. It’s perfectly normal to have a few of them in your system. Fortunately, your body can usually neutralise them before they cause significant damage. However, environmental factors like smoking and pollution can mean that more free radicals are present in your body, and your system becomes unbalanced. This is called ‘oxidative stress’.
Eating foods containing antioxidants can help your body deal with these extra free radicals. There are lots of different types of antioxidants in different foods, and they work in different ways. However, they all have the effect of protecting you from oxidative stress and subsequent disease.
La Republica Lion’s Mane Matcha is a perfect choice to blend into your lattes, smoothies, baking, or even ice cream.
Perfect for all diets: Vegan, Organic, Dairy-Free, Keto, Paleo, Gluten-Free; NON- GMO, no mycelium fillers, never fermented, never grown on oats or rice. Wild harvested and wild cultivated.
Packaging: No waste because La Republica use a BPA-free, UV protecting reusable jar, so none of the critical beta-glucans are lost.
Manufacturing: Gold Standard SQF Level 3 facility in Los Angeles.