Turmeric used in our SuperBlend is sourced from India and has been certified organic by the Soil Association, is kosher and free from GMO’s. A lot of care, attention and extensive testing has gone into making sure that we are using turmeric of the finest quality for you to enjoy.
The ancient spice is said to have originated from Southeast Asia and has been used throughout history in many ways from cooking and medicine to the dying of materials for clothing. It has been used for more than 4500 years in traditional healing amongst many cultures. The whole root can be used or more commonly, it is ground up, dried and added to many recipes, including our blend.
By itself turmeric 50% has an impressive nutritional profile but in order to enhance absorption and maximise its health benefits Naturya added other ingredients including the spices Cardamom 1%, Ginger 1%, Cinnamon 5%, black pepper 1% and Naturya favourites Maca 25% and Lucuma 17%
Why is it good for me?
- Source of iron which contributes to normal formation of red blood cells, supports normal cognitive function and a healthy immune system
- Contains manganese which protects against oxidative stress and maintains healthy bones
- Curcumin found in turmeric has been found to reduce inflammation in the body which is linked to many illnesses
- Turmeric is good for the gut as it increases gut flora (the healthy bacteria) aiding in a healthy digestive system
- Contains added black pepper to enhance the absorption of curcumin. Curcumin isn’t easily absorbed by the body, but a complex in pepper called piperine blocks your liver from filtering it too quickly. Essentially, piperine keeps the turmeric in your body longer so you can actually reap the benefits.
Turmeric SuperBlend is perfect for stirring into warm milk or a plant-based alternative for a delicious turmeric latte. It can also be sprinkled into curries to provide an intense flavour, added to savoury baking recipes or mixed with mango juice for a refreshing drink.
If you are pregnant, nursing or have any medical condition, check with your doctor first.
This product is packaged in a factory where nuts are also handled.