Acai comes from Pará in northern Brazil. The deep purple acai berry is wild harvested by Amazonian riverside communities. It is known locally as the beauty berry. Locals who make their living from harvesting acai berries are called ribeirinhos or “people who live on the river’s riverines”. Fresh berries are carefully washed before the pulp is extracted, pasteurized and frozen.
Naturya Acai is always freeze-dried within 24 hours of harvest, perfectly preserving the product without preservatives or irradiation. The acai pulp is frozen at temperatures of – 40°C, removing all water – a process called sublimation. Over-processing of acai by heating, or standard freezing methods, can produce an unpleasant brown powder.
They have an earthy taste that’s often described as a cross between blackberries and unsweetened chocolate.
Why is it good for me?
- A single serving contains 3 times your daily requirement of manganese which contributes to the protection of cells from oxidative stress
- Vitamin A contributes to the maintenance of normal skin and contributes to the normal function of the immune system
- Packed with calcium for maintaining healthy bones, teeth and normal blood clotting
- A source of iron for reduced tiredness
- Acai berries have an incredibly high amount of antioxidants, edging out other antioxidant-rich fruits like blueberries and cranberries. Antioxidants are important because they neutralize the damaging effects of free radicals throughout the body. If free radicals are not neutralized by antioxidants, they can damage cells and lead to a number of diseases, including diabetes, cancer and heart disease
- Acai can help prevent signs of anti-aging and keep your skin looking youthful and healthy.
If you are pregnant, nursing or have any medical condition, check with your doctor first.
This product is packaged in a factory where nuts are also handled.