Collagen is the most important protein in our body. It is the foundation of our skin, hair, nails, bones, muscles and other systems, and plays a key role in maintaining their optimum health. Yet, as we age, our collagen stores begin to deplete, leading to physical signs of ageing in how we look and feel. Help rebuild them with Ingenious Vegan to see how different you feel.
THE INGENIOUS VEGAN SECRET
Collagen is a complex protein which always derived from animal or marine based sources. This presents a problem for vegans. However, after careful and extensive search, the scientists are Ingenious, discovered a new, patented plant-based substitute called Astrion.
Astrion – 400mg is derived from Chinese herbs, Centella asiatica and Astragalus and has been clinically proved in placebo-controlled trials to increase collagen synthsis in the skin, thereby bringing wrinkled, aged, dehydrated and damaged skin back to life. In studies, Astrion has been shown to increase collagen production by 60% in the epidermis and a substantial 80% in the dermis.
- Promote dermal (inner layer of skin) and epidermal (outer layer of skin) cells ability
- to synthesis collagen
- Reduce the breakdown of existing collagen due to UV damage
- Promote dermal and epidermal cells ability to synthesis hyaluronic acid
- Reduce the number and appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduce discolouration due to sun damage
- Firm, tone, and hydrate skin
Hyaluronic Acid complex (HA) – 370mg like collagen, also exists naturally in the body and our levels also decline as we age. It is a vital component in skin hydration and maintaining skin elasticity. It improves new cell growth and helps to cushion our joints, decreasing feelings of stiffness.
Natural Astaxanthin – 5.92mg is nature’s most powerful antioxidant. It has amazing anti-inflammatory properties which help mop up damaging free radicals that attack the body and cause the skin the age. It also helps protect the skin from UV damage.
- Provide protection from Free Radical and UV damage
- Reduce oxidative stress and inflammation
- Shrink wrinkles
- Make age spots lighter
- Improve power and performance
- Protect from eye degeneration
- Aid muscle recovery and repair
- Address the loss of muscle mass and function associated with ageing
Vitamin C – 26.66mg is another antioxidant which is found at high levels in the skin, both in the epidermis (outer layer of skin) as well as the dermis (inner layer of skin).
- Supports collagen synthesis
- Assists in protection against UV-induced photo-damage
- For adults, the recommended daily amount for vitamin C is 65mg to 90mg per day, with an upper limit of 2,000 mg per day.
Vitamin E- 4mg protects the fatty acids in your body and aids the skins natural healing power to keep it strong and healthy.
- Prevent signs of ageing by fighting free radicals
- Absorb UVB light which causes skin to burn and age
- Protects cell membranes, keeping them hydrated and healthy
- For adults, the recommended daily amount for vitamin E is 12mg per day.
Zinc – 3.33mg is an important mineral which plays a vital role in muscle repair and the mitigation of free radical damage. By helping with with DNA synthesis and cell replication.
- Help DNA synthesis and cell replication
- Help mitigate the effects of free radical damage
- Assist in the production of collagen
- Adult females need approximately 8mg of zinc daily, males 11mg.
HOW DO I TAKE IT?
We recommend taking three capsules daily with food, preferably an evening meal. While you sleep your body goes into ‘repair mode’ so taking the supplement in the hours before bed is ideal time to allow the ingredients to work their magic. You may choose to split your dose and take one or two in the morning with breakfast. The important thing is getting the total of three capsules in during the day.
HOW DO I STORE IT?
The bottle can be kept at room temperature. It is airtight and watertight provided the cap is screwed on properly.
You should seek advice from your nutritionist or doctor if you have any concerns. It is not advised to take this supplement if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Ingenious Vegan is free from: all animal products, soya, parabens, sulphates, preservatives, additives, colour, shellfish, gluten, sugar, lactose