Looking for a plastic-free alternative to pads and tampons? The BeYou Menstrual Cup is an environmentally and economically friendly alternative that can last up to a whole decade. A menstrual cup can be so comfortable, you won’t even notice it’s there!
The BeYou Menstrual Cup holds up to 3 tampons worth and can be worn for up to 12 hours. You can forget about your period during the day and night. BeYou’s Menstrual Cup lasts for years, not hours – cutting down on waste and monthly cost. It’s made with 100% soft, medical grade silicone. With no hazardous chemicals, BPA, Latex, or Dye.
BeYou Menstrual cup is different to other cups on the market. It has been designed to be super soft and flexible. The pliable medical grade silicone they have used is so easy to fold into any of fold of your choice and can be used by those who may be a little more sensitive and experience discomfort when inserting tampons.
Can a Menstrual Cup spill over inside me and leak everywhere? If you insert it correctly just below your cervix, it will create a vacuum seal and won’t move. It works just like a suction cup and will stay in place until you break the seal and empty it out.
How do you remove BeYou menstrual cup without making a mess? All the blood is caught inside of the cup, which you won’t be touching when you remove your cup. The only part that you may find messy is inserting the cup and this is the same process as when you use a tampon. You can just wash your hands afterwards and use a piece of toilet paper to wipe it down.
BeYou menstrual cup is more intimate than pads and can take up to 2-3 cycles to get used to.
- Before you use the BeYou cup simply, boil the cup for 5-10 minutes in a saucepan so that your cup is completely sanitised.
- Take your time and practice using your cup until you feel comfortable.
- Fold the cup using a fold that feels most comfortable for you.
- Insert the folded cup into your vagina with the same method as a tampon.
- The cup should sit lower than a tampon inside your vagina, but should feel comfortable, with the stem fully inside.
- Once the cup is inside, it will open and create a light suction. This is how the cup prevents leaks.
- You can use your finger to check it is fully unfolded. You can twist the cup if you need to.
- The cup can be used for up to 12 hours, but you can empty your cup when you feel you need to.
- To remove the cup, gently pull the stem of the cup downwards until you can reach and hold the base of the cup.
- Pinch the base to release the suction and take it out.
- You may need to push down to help reach your cup.
- Empty the contents of your cup into the toilet and rinse.
- Reinsert cup if needed.
There are a number of different cleansing methods you can use to keep your cup clean:
- We recommend using the BeYou Menstrual Cup Foaming Cleanser to thoroughly cleanse your cup. To use, simply squirt a small amount of the cleanser onto the cup and lather with your hands to form a foam, turning the cup inside out where necessary. Once clean, rinse with clean water. Shop here!
- Cover fully with water and boil in an allocated pan for 5 – 7 minutes. Do not leave the boiling pan unattended and ensure the cup is fully cool before re-inserting.
- If you are in a public toilet without your Foaming Cleanser, take a small bottle of water in to the cubicle to rinse your menstrual cup, or simply empty and reinsert, remembering to wash the cup more thoroughly at the next convenient time. When overseas always use drinking water to clean the cup!