We love chocolate chip cookies. But during the holidays, it’s all about gingerbread!
These vegan gingerbread cookies get their warm spices from our Mellow Yellow mix, which includes ginger and cinnamon. You also get the added benefits of turmeric (a natural anti-inflammatory) and ashwagandha (great for reducing stress during the holidays).
And if you’re obsessed with chocolate (and who isn’t !?), you’ll also get your fix from Chocolate Lover mix. This healthy alternative to chocolate is an instant mood-booster AND it will even curb your cravings. (Again, PERFECT during the season of infinite sweets!)
MAKES 3-4 LARGE COOKIES | VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE
- 2 tsp Chocolate Lover mix
- 1 tsp Mellow Yellow mix
- 175g pitted dates
- 100g ground hazelnuts
- 60g oat flour
- 1½ tsp gingerbread spice
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp molasses
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, blend the Chocolate Lover mix, Mellow Yellow mix, dates, nuts, flour and gingerbread spice until well combined.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend again.
- Roll out the dough (dust the surface with some oat flour or cornstarch) and use a gingerbread cookie cutter to cut out the cookies.
- Transfer to the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool, then garnish with melted dark chocolate (if desired) and enjoy.
Shop Your Super Mixes here!