A restorative, Ayurvedic herbal blend made with the highest quality turmeric root from a small community farms in Sri Lanka.
Wunder Workshop only source from Forest Gardens and home gardens, which maintain the bio-diversity of Sri Lanka’s flora and fauna. Instead of neat rows of monoculture, this type of agroforestry mimics natural ecosystems and uses the space available in a sustainable way.
5 REASONS TO INCLUDE TURMERIC TEA IN YOUR DIET:
Turmeric has been used in Ayurvedic remedies for centuries, but recent studies have shown that turmeric really does have the benefits that it has been used for. Turmeric is high in curcuminoids, in particular curcumin, which have been shown to have many medicinal properties. Here are five reasons to choose turmeric:
- Anti-inflammatory – chronic inflammation is recognised as one of the key causes to many diseases. Whilst acute inflammation, caused by foreign, damaged or dead cells is extremely useful as part of our immune system chronic inflammation drains the body’s resources and can lead to illness. Curcumin has been shown to inhibit molecules across our body’s incredibly complex inflammatory pathway and can therefore limit the damage it can cause.
- Arthritis – maybe one of the most common diseases attributed to chronic inflammation, arthritis can be a debilitating and excruciating. Arthritis has been shown to respond positively to treatment with curcumin, some studies have even reported it to be as effective as conventional medicines, but without the side effects that conventional medicines cause.
- Cancer – curcumin has been shown to act against the growth of cancerous cells in a number of different ways. At the molecular level, it has the ability to prevent the spread of tumour cells, inhibit their growth by preventing the development of blood vessels and even to induce cancer cell death. Perhaps more interestingly, curcumin may prevent the development of cancer in the digestive system.
- Antioxidant – curcumin is a potent antioxidant that binds to free radicals, preventing oxidative stress which is linked to aging. As well as being an antioxidant itself, it actually stimulates other anti-oxidant enzymes in the body, improving our natural response to free radical
- Antidepressant – curcumin has been shown to be as effective as Prozac in treating depression and has been shown to release the feel good neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine. Therefore, turmeric can brighten up your day in more ways than just its dazzling colour.
N.B. Turmeric is rapidly digested in the body and not readily absorbed in to the blood stream, therefore our products contain black pepper and a healthy fat which are able to increase its bioavailability by as much as 2000 times!
Tasting Notes: Vibrant and refreshing ginger and lemongrass aromas combined with the golden hues of turmeric which creates an earthy sweetness.
Packaging: 100% recyclable outer carton, printed with vegetable inks. The inner pouch is home-compostable. We believe in having a positive impact without leaving a negative trace.
Set up by Tom & Zoe in 2014, Wunder Workshop is inspired by intuitive herbalism and Ayurveda – in particular, the preventative and holistic approach that this ancient medical system uses to maintain optimal physical and mental health.
“Wunder Workshop creates products for the People and Planet. We focus on Consumption With Purpose®, by harvesting the power of regeneratively grown plants for the ultimate wellness rituals. Wunder translates to miracle, and we focus on plants that have a quality that can be classed as such”