Wheatgrass is a special, nutrient-rich plant in the grass family, which is praised for its health-giving properties. Naturya organic wheatgrass is grown in organic soil free from fertilisers and pesticides.
Young wheatgrass seedlings are cut and then dried using freezing air to crush them into a fine powder. Impressively, it goes from field to wheatgrass powder in less than an hour, ensuring all the nutrients are preserved.
Each blade of wheatgrass is cut at the ‘jointing stage’ when all of its carbohydrate energy, amino acids and chlorophyll have reached high levels in preparation for its transition into its reproductive stage.
The wheatgrass in Naturya Organic Wheatgrass Powder is grown outdoors, enabling natural sunlight and the rich fertile soil to promote the assimilation of nutrients in the developing shoots. It is then harvested, as nutrient levels reach their peak.
Organic wheatgrass powder will get straight to work nourishing your body with its protein, fibre and iron content (a single serving contains more than a third of your recommended intake of iron). It’s also high in calcium which supports maintenance of normal bones and teeth.
Why is it good for me?
- High in protein which contributes to the growth and maintenance of muscle mass
- Rich in iron which contributes to the normal transport of oxygen around the body and the reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Natural source of vitamin A which contributes to the maintenance of normal skin and vision
- Contains copper and vitamin E, which helps protect your body’s cells from oxidative stress
- The nutrients in wheatgrass aid the body, in getting rid of impurities and stored toxins. For example, the chlorophyll aids in detoxing the body and helps support healthy liver function. Once your body is cleansed, you may see an increase in energy levels and better health overall.
- Wheatgrass has high levels of enzymes that aid in digestion by helping your body to break down food and absorb nutrients.
- Is also known to lower cholesterol levels
Can be added to milkshakes, smoothies, yoghurts, porridge and more.
Drinking wheatgrass can boost your metabolism and aid in weight loss. It’s an excellent choice if you’re watching your weight, because it’s low in calories and has no fat. Wheatgrass is a nutrient-dense food, leading many to feel fuller faster and longer. This can help to reduce cravings.
If you are pregnant, nursing or have any medical condition, check with your doctor first.
This product is packaged in a factory where nuts are also handled.