Wunder Workshop smooth, organic healing drink is a nourishing alternative to coffee and the perfect way to get your turmeric fix as part of your daily wellness rituals.
The deep yellow hue of turmeric comes from the curcumin in it which is also the source of a variety of healing properties. Curcumin is the main active ingredient in turmeric. Studies have shown that curcumin has great anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It helps prevent brain and heart disease, tackle depression, prevent and reduce the spread of certain cancers and suppress pain from inflammation.
Here are five reasons to choose turmeric:
- Anti-inflammatory – chronic inflammation is recognised as one of the key causes to many diseases. Whilst acute inflammation, caused by foreign, damaged or dead cells is extremely useful as part of our immune system chronic inflammation drains the body’s resources and can lead to illness. Curcumin has been shown to inhibit molecules across our body’s incredibly complex inflammatory pathway and can therefore limit the damage it can cause.
- Arthritis – maybe one of the most common diseases attributed to chronic inflammation, arthritis can be a debilitating and excruciating. Arthritis has been shown to respond positively to treatment with curcumin, some studies have even reported it to be as effective as conventional medicines, but without the side effects that conventional medicines cause.
- Cancer – curcumin has been shown to act against the growth of cancerous cells in a number of different ways. At the molecular level, it has the ability to prevent the spread of tumour cells, inhibit their growth by preventing the development of blood vessels and even to induce cancer cell death. Perhaps more interestingly, curcumin may prevent the development of cancer in the digestive system.
- Antioxidant – curcumin is a potent antioxidant that binds to free radicals, preventing oxidative stress which is linked to aging. As well as being an antioxidant itself, it actually stimulates other anti-oxidant enzymes in the body, improving our natural response to free radical
- Antidepressant – curcumin has been shown to be as effective as Prozac in treating depression and has been shown to release the feel good neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine. Therefore, turmeric can brighten up your day in more ways than just its dazzling colour.
N.B. Turmeric is rapidly digested in the body and not readily absorbed in to the blood stream, therefore our products contain black pepper and a healthy fat which are able to increase its bioavailability by as much as 2000 times!
Wunder Workshop ethically source turmeric directly from small community farms in the heart of Sri Lanka who use the most sustainable farming techniques.
- Golden Mylk® Classic Turmeric Latte blends are routed in Ayurvedic science and are specifically designed to increase the bioavailability of turmeric, we add black pepper and coconut milk powder to ensure each sip releases turmeric’s maximum potential.
- Each serving contains ca. 800mg of organic turmeric, ensuring a high dose of curcumin.
- Wunder Workshop Golden Mylk® also has no added sugar, but is naturally sweet from the premium Ceylon cinnamon we source!
- Enjoy at any time of the day.
Instructions: Add one tablespoon (10g) of Golden Mylk® Classic Turmeric Latte to a cup and form a smooth paste with a little hot water. Then fill your cup with hot milk/mylk.
Tips: Add organic coconut blossom sugar to Instantly Golden Mylk® Classic Turmeric Latte as a natural sweetener or add to your porridge, smoothie or pancake mix.
Wunder Workshop ethically source their organic turmeric and most of other ingredients directly from small community farms in Sri Lanka that use a sustainable farming technique called Forest Gardening, supporting Sri Lanka’s natural biodiversity, soil health, the farmers and the local community. Wunder Workshop also source ingredients that are wild-harvested (Fair Wild certified), growing in their natural habitat. They avoid mono-cultural farms wherever possible.
We love Wunder Workshop Golden Mylk Ice Cream recipe:
Ingredients (serves 12 – 1 litre tub):
- 300g Golden Mylk Classic
- 550ml warm water
- 50g raw cane sugar / coconut blossom nectar
- 4 cardamom pods, shelled
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
N.B: For best results use an ice-cream blender, however, if you don’t have one that’s no problem – you can still create a creamy texture using a metal bowl which has been allowed to get cold in the freezer before starting.
- Add all the ingredients to a blender/food processor and blend continuously, starting slow and gradually increasing the speed.
- Allow the mixture to cool as much as possible, stirring gently before pouring the mixture into your pre-cooled metal bowl.
- Place this in the freezer, making sure that it is carefully sealed!
- Every 2 hours, open the freezer and give the mixture a stir, this will ensure the mixture doesn’t just turn into a big block of golden ice. Repeat this 4 times.
- Once fully frozen it is ready to eat!
Packaging: 100% recyclable outer carton, printed with vegetable inks. The inner pouch is home-compostable. We believe in having a positive impact without leaving a negative trace.
Set up by Tom & Zoe in 2014, Wunder Workshop is inspired by intuitive herbalism and Ayurveda – in particular, the preventative and holistic approach that this ancient medical system uses to maintain optimal physical and mental health.
“Wunder Workshop creates products for the People and Planet. We focus on Consumption With Purpose®, by harvesting the power of regeneratively grown plants for the ultimate wellness rituals. Wunder translates to miracle, and we focus on plants that have a quality that can be classed as such”