Plant Therapy Essential oils are the perfect way to help support an effective self-care and relaxation routine! Oils can help soothe nerves, help create feelings of calm, clarity, and relaxation.
How essential oils work to promote a relaxed state of mind
Essential oils are made up of aromatic molecules that can pass through the blood/brain barrier. This ability to reach the brain directly allows them to have a positive effect on the parts of our brain that control feelings of worry
Essential oils can be both stimulating and calming, with some oils affecting people differently depending on what they need at the moment. This means that a stressed person might feel calm after using a particular essential oil that has an uplifting effect on an individual who feels tired . In fact, some essential oils are called “adaptogens” because of their capacity to adapt to the needs of the user. Amazing!
Therapeutic benefits of Relax Blend
- Promotes a peaceful state of mind.
- Creates a relaxing environment.
- Great for emotional support.
We all need an ally during times of stress. This blend of essential oils for relaxation will help you decompress, reevaluate, and relax.
- Lavender Essential Oil: One of the most well-known oils for creating an atmosphere of calm tranquility, no blend of essential oils for relaxation could be complete without lavender essential oil.
- Marjoram Essential Oil: This essential oil has been linked to feelings of joy and brightness since Ancient Greece. It also supports clear, deep breathing which helps to calm the nervous system.*
- Mandarin Essential Oil: An excellent nervous relaxant, mandarin’s role in this blend of essential oils for relaxation is to soothe the nerves and calm feelings of hysteria and anxiety.
- Patchouli Essential Oil: Patchouli helps you to move past feelings of sadness and loss. It uplifts the mood, drives away disappointment, and relaxes tension.
- Geranium (Bourbon) Essential Oil: This essential oil plays a vital role in this blend of essential oils for relaxation by helping to lower the stress response in the body.
- Roman Chamomile Essential Oil: The high ester content of Roman chamomile essential oil makes it ideal for calming the nerves and relaxing the mind. Chamomile is a great support when you’re feeling anxious, depressed, angry, overwhelmed, or sad.
Excellent for diffusion, massage, body care, or bath products. Can also apply to arms, wrists, or temples. At night, place one or two drops on a cotton pad near your bed pillow. For topical use, dilute to 3-5%. For children ages 2 through 10, dilute to 1-2%.
To make a body wash using Relax oil, mix together ⅔ cup of Castile Soap, ½ cup of distilled water, ¼ cup of honey, 2 teaspoons of Jojoba Carrier Oil, and 30 drops of Relax oil. Pour into an ounce pump bottle.
Everyone is different, and no two people will have the same results from the same essential oil. Many blends have the potential to calm the nerves and promote relaxation, so do some experimenting and find what oils and DIY blends work the best for you.
Plant Therapy Bubbling Bath Salts recipe!
- 4 cups Epsom salt
- 3/4 cup Unscented Bubble Bath
- 40-45 drops Relax (2 mL)
Pour Epsom salt into a medium bowl and set aside. In a separate dish, add unscented bubble bath, and Relax. Stir well; the mixture will turn opaque and thicken slightly as your stir. Add this mixture to the Epsom salt and stir well. Package in an airtight container.
Run about ¼ cup under warm water as you fill the tub. This is the perfect way to send yourself or your child to bed all calm and snuggly!
Plant Therapy is passionate about quality and safety. They test every single batch of oils for in-depth information on each chemical constituent with GC-MS testing, and evaluate each oil’s color, consistency, and general appearance to give you the most accurate information possible.
THIRD-PARTY TESTING – All Plant Therapy essential oils go through rigorous independent third-party testing. These GC-MS test reports, which provide in-depth information on the chemical constituents in each oil, can be found on Plant Therapy website. They show you exactly what’s in the oils you buy.
GMP CERTIFICATION – Plant Therapy has been awarded the certificate of compliance by the Cosmetic Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) under ISO 22716. In other words, everything from ingredients to the production process to packaging and labeling meets the highest standards.